new html

Friday, October 7, 2011

Being Crafty with Wooden Letters: An easy project for a nursery, child's room or a gift.

So I decided my next project would be to create letters to hang in the nursery. The ones I found online were very expensive, at least 10 dollars each. I found a really cool idea where I could make my own so I thought I would share it with you.

So you need:
wooden letters from a craft store (I got mine at Michaels for 3.50 each). They also had smaller ones for 2.50 each.



















Mod Podge Glue, small foam brushes and scissors










 And craft/scrap booking paper. (50-99 cents a sheet at Michaels!) I chose a different piece of craft paper for each letter that would match the look I was going for in the room.You can also decorate with sscrapbooking stickers/ cutouts.

 So now its pretty simple. First, trace the letter with a pencil on the back of the craft paper. Cut out the letter a little inside from the line you drew so that the paper doesn't overlap too much when you glue it down.

Here is the traced A I cut out. I used an exacto knife to cut out the middle section since it was more tricky to do with scissors.
Next, apply a thin layer of glue on the letter and press down carefully. I also put a layer of glue on top for security since mod podge glue dries clear.


And you are done! Attach cutouts as you like. I made our baby's name for around 25.00 in all. And the great thing about doing it yourself is that you can match the colors and patterns just as you want.

So there you have it. An easy but adorable project for anyone!
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is official! Announcing for the first time, our little girl will be
Avery Claire Kelly <3
Photobucket

1 comment: