new html

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Baby Must Haves

So I decided to put together a list of my favorite baby things since I had Avery. I wish I had a list like this when I was shopping so hopefully it will help someone out there who is expecting or buying a baby gift.

1. Fisher Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle and Swing: This was our second swing purchase. Avery only sleeps for long periods of time when there is motion so I highly suggest buying this model swing because it PLUGS IN! The comparable Fisher Price model swing (My Little Lamb) is about the same price at the baby store and runs on batteries. We were buying batteries every other day with this swing. Big waste of money!
Snugabunny Swing

2. Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper: Great for hanging out. Especially good for babies with reflux and the rocker rocks from front to back to mimic motion of Mom. It also folds up flat with the push of a button for easy travel! Awesome reviews on this.  Rock and Play Sleeper
3.Homedics Sound Spa Lullaby: This tiny sound machine has great volume! Love the rain and heartbeat sounds. It also has an awesome projection on it so when baby gets older they can watch projection movement on ceiling. They sell this at Bed Bath and Beyond too.




 Homedics Sound Machine

4. Lamaze Space Symphony Motion Gym: This was the only playmat I could find with motion. Awesome because it keeps little ones attention. The age says 0-6 months which is perfect for little babies. This is one of my favorite baby purchases. Lamaze toys are great. Also sold at BRU online.Lamaze Playmat
5.  Lamaze Octotunes: I don't know why, but Avery LOVES staring at this toy! It also plays songs, each arm (apparently octopus don't have tentacles?!) is a musical note. One of the first toys she has looked at with interest!
Lamaze Octopus

6. Aden and Anais 4 Pack Swaddle Blankets: MUST HAVE! I registered for these thinking they seemed nice (but expensive)..... but did not realize how much I would love them. We use them almost every night. They are light, stretchy and long enough for baby. Best Blankets ever!! I think this is one of my favorite baby things; there is really no other blanket like them. So many cute patterns too!

Best Swaddle Blankets

7. Dr. Brown's Bottles: Prevent spit up and help with colic. I researched bottles SO much when pregnant. I know people say you have to try a bunch to see what your baby likes but these worked from the first time we tried. There are more parts to clean then traditional bottles but worth it for a happy baby, I know so many who love these bottles and I am one of them. :) If you choose them, get them at the MCX (14.99 there!) or even Babies R Us had them for 18.99, cheaper than Amazon for once!

Dr. Brown's Bottles

 8. Nosefrida Nasal Aspirator: OK I know it seems weird but it works so much better then normal ones! It is also more gentle and as weird as it seems it is hygienic! Started being used in Sweden. Just look into it.

Nosefrida

9. I See Me! Personalized Name Book: My friend Ashley got this for Avery and I love it. It spells her first and last name associating each letter with an animal that starts with the same letter. Love this book and it will be great when she is learning to spell her name. Other great choices for personalized books too.

I see me name book

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I hope that whenever our family comes, I can remember to consult this list!

    ReplyDelete